Thursday 23 February 2012

February Glymm Box

So, I finally received this month's Glymm box after waiting so long.

This is what I received:

  • Sula - Natural Shadow in Nature Made 
  • Burts's Bee - Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus
  • Glamglow - Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask
  • Mai Couture - 2-1 Oil Blotting/Bronzing Papier
Here is what the products look like


The products in the box look awfully small compared to the other boxes this month, even though there are 2 full size products in this month's Glymm box. 
 
Here is a swatch of the lip tint (on top) and the eyeshadow (on the bottom)
So, there are a couple of things that I want to talk about.  Regarding the Sula eyeshadow, the colour payoff is horrible and it really does not complement my skin tone.  Furthermore, be careful when you open up the compartment for the eyeshadow.  The pan is not connected to the compact, and there no sticky or magnet in the box so that you have a choice to stick it to the compact.  
Onto the Burt's Bee lip tint, I do agree that the lip tint is quite moisturizing, but the colour payoff is not as great as the Revlon lip butters.  The colour of the lip tint is a gorgeous rose colour, but unfortunately, the shade is so sheer that it actually comes out as a bit orange on my yellow-toned skin. 
This box definitely disappointed me this month and contrary to what Glymm claims, this box was not worth the wait. 

3 comments:

  1. I canceled last month & happy I did :)

    I do like Sula products though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this month's was definitely disappointing. My gift subscription ran out this month and I'm hesitant to renew...but curious to keep on reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's a crummy box..I'd be disappointed. March was my first and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete