Monday 21 November 2011

Benefit's B. Right! Moisture Prep Toning Lotion and Total Moisture Facial Cream

I received the sample of Benefit's B. Right Moisture Prep Toning Lotion and Total Moisture Facial Cream in my November Luxe Box. I will now do a review of these two products and how they work together.

What it claims to do:
From Benefit's website, it states that the b.right! line cleanses, moisturize and specialize for a radiantly refreshed, lit from within look.

b.right! Moisture Prep Toning Lotion ($29 for 177.4ml):
Smoothing lotion to prep skin for moisturizer

b.right! Total Moisture Facial Cream ($38 for 42.8g):
Hydra-concentrated facial cream with tri-radiance complex
*tri-radiance complex: “Benefit’s exclusive tri-radiance complex includes several vegetable-based sugar and glycol derivatives plus a perfectly selected set of different sizes of hyaluronic acid, to boosts hydration in the skin as much as 73 percent within two hours after application (measured in triple performing facial emulsion SPF 15 PA++), an incredible result in an SPF 15 PA++ emulsion!” from Benefit's website Eric Perrier, Executive Vice President R & D at LVMH Parfums et Cosmetiques in Paris.

My thoughts:

b.right! Moisture Prep Toning Lotion
My first thought when I put on the Moisture Prep Toning Lotion was how nice it smelled. It is definitely a scented product, so, for those who are sensitive to scented products, this will not be the product for you. However, it is not a heavily scented product; it has a very light fresh scent to it, which I really like.
The texture of the Moisture Prep Toning Lotion is a mix between a toner and a gel.

b.right! Total Moisture Facial Cream
I have used the Total Moisture Facial Cream a couple of times in the morning and a couple of times at night. I would say that the cream does provide a lot of moisture to the face and it prevents my skin from flaking due to dry weather conditions and heating from central air.
The cream does feel a bit heavy and I think would not recommend this for a person with oily skin as Benefit states (Benefit recommends the Triple Performing Facial Emulsion for normal to combination skin type)
When I put it on in the morning, I do find that it creates a heavy layer between my foundation and my skin. I have to put a primer on top of the product or my foundation will be slipping and sliding on my face within two hours. It is a bit annoying to have to go through an extra step of putting primer on, but for those days when the wind whips around and sucks the water out of your skin, this will be the cream to protect your face.
When I put this on at night, I don't feel that my skin looks as oily as I think the product will make it, but when I wet my face, I feel the oilyness of the moisturizer and it makes me wonder if my skin had absorbed the product at all, or whether it just sits on my skin as a protective layer.

All in all, I love the moisture prep toning lotion and I think it works well with the total moisture facial cream, but I would not use the total moisture facial cream on a daily basis due to the heaviness of the cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment